Thursday, October 9, 2008

Moving Marian to Chicago

The inaugural post for this blog. I've been meaning to get on the blogging bandwagon for quite some time, mostly to have an outlet for sharing pictures with family, friends, anyone interested in taking a peek. What finally got me moving on this was that I needed a place to share an important set of pictures.

Most of you know the backstory here. I travelled with Steve and Marian to Chicago to take Marian to the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, the premier rehabilitation facility in the country. Along the way I tried to make a few pictures to show what that journey was like for the Coddingtons. Here are some of those photos.



















































This last photo is Steve's first meal in Chicago...actually, his first real meal since before
I caught up with him at his house around midnight before we started the trip. He's on the phone with Chloe and Grant, telling them goodnight and saying their evening prayers with them.

6 comments:

Smart Bomb said...

Wow! So much love. I was just flipping through some blogs and saw "REFLEX" with all of these pictures...Caring for others is what makes life worth living.

Flo said...

Beautiful, meaningful pictures.
Hope everything goes well, the love one can see through the images definitely makes everyone there deserve good things.
Best of luck and God bless you all.

Unknown said...

thank you for sharing these BEAUTIFUL photos. their love really shines through and steves devotion is so pure... i hope the good news keeps coming!

Anonymous said...

For those of us who do not live close to Marian and Steve, these pictures are very special and moving. While I greatly appreciate any and all updates about Marian, Steve, and the kids..being able to see her is wonderful! I am SO happy Marian has Steve...he is her knight in shining armor! Thoughts and prayers, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Really moving photos... I hope everything keeps going well!

Janel said...

Thanks for sharing these moments, I feel a reconnect with Steve and Marian again. It's so good to see that look in Steve's eye when he looks at her, it's the true definition of love.