Saturday, April 11, 2009

Marian Returns

Marian returned home last night. She hadn't been home in just over a year, having had her first aneurism last April.

From Ron's email:

She has been in Northwestern Hospital in Chicago since December. But will now stay at home and receive outpatient therapy to continue her recovery. Steve has applied to medicare for home health care but will have to stay home with her until it is approved. Hopefully that will not take long. As wonderful as this is, it may also be some of the hardest time they will endure.

But no matter what happens, the Coddington family is back together under one roof and that has to be good.


Aside from a little confusion with the taxi service on getting Marian home from the airport, their trip was smooth. Steve, Grant, and Chloe took turns cutting the hospital bracelets from Marian's wrist, and everyone got a kiss goodnight.

Steve asked me to meet him at the airport and to be there when the kids finally got to see mom again. Here is a bit of what I witnessed.





























3 comments:

Danny Ghitis said...

Will - these photos made my eyes water... I wish the Coddingtons the best. I hope everything works out...sigh

Anonymous said...

These photos are so great. I feel as if I'm there with them. Thanks, Will. We've all been pulling for Marian and the family. The love Steve shows with her proves they are soulmates.
Mary Ann Koslasky - former SPT staffer

David said...

Beautiful and touching photos, Will. Good to see an update on this story. I wish them the best.